Welcome to YMCA Reading
The YMCA is the largest and the oldest charity working with young people in the world. YMCA Reading formed in 1846 and since its very beginnings has worked with young men and women in need. Our YMCA is a thriving and active community. A community that is transforming lives.
We focus on young people and help them play an active and fulfilling role within their community.
Our main areas of work are:
- Providing supported accommodation for up to 40 16-25 year olds in crisis.
- Provision of community sport and leisure facility at our Milward Sports Centre and at our Outdoor Activity Centre in Padworth.
- The Parkside Community Cafe – serves breakfast and lunch and drinks and snacks until 4pm Mon-Friday and from 10-2 on Saturday
- The Parkside Pre-School – Early Years Learning for 2-4 year olds. Recently awarded ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
- The YMCA Wood Workshop – alternative learning by special appointment.