If you are a young person (aged 16-25 years old) who is experiencing homelessness in need of support, please contact our friendly team.
If you feel you are in immediate and urgent danger, please contact the emergency services on 999.
All YMCA Reading is allocated by referral from Reading Borough Council.
If you are in need of urgent housing contact the Reading Borough Council Housing Advice Team: http://www.reading.gov.uk/article/11394/Homeless-or-at-risk-of-losing-your-home
Reading Borough Council run drop-in sessions from 9-5pm Monday to Friday, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In an emergency out of hours call: 01344 786 512
If you are under the age of 18 contact Brighter Futures for Children
If you are concerned about a child, contact the Children’s Single Point of Access on: 0118 937 3641
Below are contact details and links to just a few of the support services available to you, your family and friends.
Visit: servicesguide.reading.gov.uk for a full listing of local services available to you.
Launchpad Floating Support offers housing related support to help you maintain your tenancy and prevent homelessness. Drop-in Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 10.00am to 2.00pm:
Alternatively, call or email for advice from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Telephone: 0118 929 1111
In the event of a Medical Emergency call:
- 999 for ambulance, Police or Fire Service
- 111 for non-urgent medical help contact NHS Direct
- Samaritans on: 116 123 If you are suicidal or at risk of hurting yourself
For Mental Health Support contact:
- Mental Health Crisis Team: 0300 365 0300 or 0300 365 9999
- Anxiety UK: 03444 775 774 (Monday – Friday, 9:30am–5:30pm)
- Mind Infoline: 0300 123 3393 (Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm)
- C.A.L.M. Campaign Against Living Miserably (prevention of male suicide): 0800 58 58 58 (5pm-midnight every day of the year)
- Samaritans: 116 123
In the event of Domestic violence or sexual abuse contact:
- Berkshire Women’s Aid: 0118 950 4003
- National Domestic Violence Helpline (run by Women’s Aid and Refuge): 0808 2000 247
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Rape Crisis: 0808 802999