Housing and Support Services
YMCA Reading offers supported short-term housing for young people aged 16-25 years old who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless.
Is supported accommodation right for you? It may be, if you:
- Are single and between the ages of 16 to 25 years old
- Have identified support needs and would be willing to access support
- Are willing to abide by the House Rules of the scheme
- Want to attend regular support meetings
- Are able to meet the accommodation costs
Reading Borough Council has 100% nomination rights for the project. All referrals will require a CAF or Pathway plan submitted by the referring professional. There are no automatic exclusions and all applications are considered on a case by case basis.
Applicants who apply to the scheme will be invited to attend an assessment which is undertaken in collaboration with the applicant and other relevant agencies. At this point, a decision will be made about the suitability of our services to you. Should an individual have specific needs, we will work in partnership with specialist agencies who are able to offer further support.
Occasionally we may not have available vacancies. In these circumstances applicants will be placed on a waiting list.