YMCA Reading is a registered charity and as such we rely on fundraising donations and grants to enable us to deliver our vital services.
Your support enables us to play a key role in the local community, providing safe accommodation and support for young people at risk of homelessness, along with a wide range of community facilities and activities.
We also rely on donations to help us maintain and improve our buildings and infrastructure. Small donations can help us to purchase much needed new equipment for our young people’s workshop and Parkside Pre-School.
There are so many ways you can fundraise for us, including:
- Fundraise at work by holding an event or choosing us as your Charity of the Year
- Fundraise with your friends or social groups by hosting a pub quiz, local fete, or organising a local event
- Enter an individual challenge event such as a 10K race, bike ride, or Tough Mudder
- Make a one-off or monthly donation to support our services
- Take part in a YMCA Reading’s organised fundraising event such as our Christmas Bazaar, the Reading Half Marathon, or our annual Sponsored Sleepout.
- Donate to a capital appeal – currently we are seeking support for the refurbishment of our sports centre.