YMCA Reading is a Homes and Communities Agency Registered Provider of safe, supported accommodation for young people aged 16-25.
We operate supported housing accommodation because:
We believe that every
young person should
have a safe place to stay.
Our 40-bed accommodation centre in Parkside Road was opened in 2007 and offers 32 self-contained studio flats and 12 studio flats that have separate bathrooms but share a kitchen in a cluster configuration.
Summary of Accommodation Details – 2014/15
- Age range accepted: 16 to 25 years
- Rental charge (eligible for housing benefit): £121.12
- Service charge (eligible for housing benefit): £47.73
- Personal charge (NOT eligible for housing benefit): £14.28
- Type of accommodation available:
- 28 self-contained flats with kitchenette
- 12 flats with shared kitchens
- Furnished? Yes
- Laundry facilities available? Yes
- Cost of wash tokens: £1.00
- Cost of dryer tokens: £0.50p