About the YMCA
The YMCA is the largest and the oldest charity working with young people in the world. YMCA Reading started in 1846, and is one of the oldest YMCAs in the world. Across England there are 114 YMCAs. Each one is a thriving and active community, a community that is transforming lives.
We focus on young people and help them play an active and fulfilling role within their communities. We provide a wide array of community based activities and services to help meet local needs wherever we are based.
We are proud of our Christian heritage and ethos; we are an inclusive Christian movement transforming communities.
About YMCA Reading
We put young people at the heart of everything we do. We believe we can make a difference to young people by helping them to get involved in an active local community.
We believe that all young people deserve to have a safe place to live and the opportunity to reach their full potential. We also aim to support the wider community and bring together different groups within the community to support each other.
We are an independent charitable organisation that provides services tailored to the needs of our local community.
We offer the following services:
- Supported Accommodation for young people (age 16-25)
- Parkside Pre-School, Early Years Learning for 2-4 year olds. Ofsted ‘Good’
- Parkside Cafe – Community Cafe open to the public, with soft play area for toddlers.
- Milward Sports Centre – Multi Gym and Sports Studio used by a wide range of sport and social groups and available to book.
- Workshop – provides alternative education to young people in danger of exclusion
- Padworth Outdoor Activity Centre – In the heart of the Englefield Estate in Hampshire, fully equipped Centre for woodland activities.